Thursday, November 15, 2007

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins



This muffin recipe is from my sister and has been a family favorite for years. I however, never used to eat them, because I thought I didn't like pumpkin. Well, I've recently come to find out that I enjoy pretty much everything pumpkin, except pumpkin pie (lattes, ale, seeds, soup, ravioli).

2 lg eggs
3/4 c. canned pumpkin
1/2 c. margarine, melted
1/4 c. milk
1 2/3 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. mini chocolate chips
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt

Mix dry ingredients into wet. Pour into muffin tins. Bake 350 degrees for 15 min (or until a fork or toothpick come out clean)

Optional addition: I've made these before with a bit of cream cheese in the batter and then placed a dollop on top of the muffins about 12 min into baking.

3 comments:

Lyndsy said...

Thank you so much for the muffins on Saturday. They were incredible. Best batch yet :)

Lindsay said...

Oh and a good tip from Debbie Sullivan - dust the chocolate chips w/ flour before adding to batter so they don't sink to the bottom.

Shelby said...

I made these and received rave reviews! Can't wait to do it again next year! Thanks