Thursday, November 15, 2007

My Thanksgiving Dishes - Broccoli Casserole


This will be my fourth Thanksgiving making this casserole. Its a big hit and really easy. Depending on the amount of guests in attendance on Turkey Day, I usually double the recipe. I got the recipe from my mom - not sure where she got it.

1 pkg frozen broccoli or fresh (I use both)
1 can mushroom soup
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 c. mayonnaise (I use lite)
1 beaten egg
1/4 c. milk (I use skim)
1/4 c. dry bread crumbs

Topping: bread crumbs and 1 TBSP butter.

Cook and drain broccoli. Stir cheese and soup. Gradually add milk, mayo and egg. Stir until well blended. Pour over broccoli in a 10x6 baking dish. Cover w/ topping. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Its okay if you cook it longer than 45 min, you can't really screw it up.

No comments: