Monday, December 17, 2007

Pretzels with a Twist

This year for my co-workers, I decided to do something a little different than my traditional baked good. I stole this idea from the Foodnetwork. You can really do these any which way you like, for any holiday, any time of year.

What you will need:
45-60 Pretzel Sticks (I went through 4 bags of Snydes of Hanover pretzels – ratio of non-broken sticks is about 80%)
1 cup chopped dark chocolate (I use bakers dark chocolate that comes in a bar)
1 cup chopped milk chocolate (same as above)
1 cup chopped white chocolate (same as very above)
* You can really use any type of chocolate you like.

Parchment or wax paper

Sprinkles (your favorite type or color – I used red)
1 cup Finely Chopped peppermint
1 cup Finely Chopped nuts (any kind you like)
1 cup Finely Chopped Skor Bar

Your favorite ribbon and packaging

What to do:
Melt chocolate (one kind at a time) in a double boiler. If you do not have a double boiler, you can make a make-shift version with a sauce pan full of boiling water and glass bowl fit to the sauce pan, which you will set on top (bottom of bowl just touching boiling water). Slowly melt the chocolate until smooth. Dip pretzel sticks carefully into the chocolate and coat about half the stick; shake off lightly for an even coat. You can then add sprinkles or coat in candy, peppermint or nuts. Set on parchment paper to set.

Note: White chocolate takes longer to set, so you may have to put these in the refrigerator if you are on a time line.

Repeat the above 45-60 times (allow at least 2 hours to do this).

Once set, put a few of each kind into your favorite packaging, tie a bow and tada! I gave these to my co-workers and also used them as hostess gifts.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

I saw these on your party pics. They look delicious! And VERY professional! Yum