Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Date & Goat Cheese Treats



My mom was in town a couple of weeks ago and we went to dinner at this amazing Tapas restaurant Minotaur in Playa Del Rey. We tried the most amazing appetizer, and my mom concluded that this would be an easy recipe to duplicate at home.

Ingredients:
  • Pitted Dates
  • Goat Cheese
  • Fresh Raspberries
  • Creme De Coco (found in the drink mixers section of your grocery store)
  • Balsamic Vinegar

First you need to reduce the balsamic vinegar in a sauce pan on low heat. While that is simmering down, cut the dates & raspberries in half and set aside. Take the Creme De Coco and squeeze it onto your place in a spiral design. Take the cooled down, reduced balsamic vinegar and spoon it over the Creme De Coco in a similar design. Take a toothpick and drag it through the mixture in a couple straight lines to mix the two together and for appearance.

Next, take the date halves and stuff each one with some goat cheese and set on top of the Creme De Coco/Balsamic mixture. Once you have finished stuffing your dates, lightly place a raspberry half on top and *viola* you will have an appetizers or dessert that your guests will be coming back for again and again!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is right up my alley girl! Barefoot Contessa does somethign similar with starwberries marinated in balsamic and served with mascarpone I think... anywho, great idea!

Lindsay said...

I LOVE these - I could eat the whole tray!

Lyndsy said...

Thanks guys! They really are incredible!

Erin said...

Sullivan - I made this last night for some friends that I had over for apps and wine. They were a HUGE hit! I didn't haven't any creme de coco so that was not included, but I'm sure they would have been even better if I had it. Thanks for the idea :)