Thursday, March 27, 2008

Chicken Caesar Salad Sandwich

Courtesy of the Contessa, Barefoot,I am encouraging yall to try this heavenly spin on a classic... in a sandwich form! I couldnt find the recipe online, so I am going to do my best to replicate it (i also dont have a photo, sorry!).

What Youll Need:
- Loaf of you favorite bread (i like fresh ciabatta or pulgese)
- Sun dried tomatos (stored in oilve oil)
- Your favorite caesar dressing
- Low fat sour cream
- Arugula
- Fresh Parmesan cheese (NOT grated)
- One (1) clove of garlic
- Two (2) chicken breasts (with the ribs)

Directions:
Chicken
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees
- Rub chicken with oilve oil and s&p and a little oregano
- Cook for about 40 -50 minutes depending on size
- Let cool and remove from bone; slice

Assembly
- Slice bread to desired size and place in oven or toaster oven for about 5-6 minutes or until toasted
- rub bread gently with fresh garlic (easier if you cut clove in half
- Mix 1 tbls of sour cream with about 2-3 tbls of caesar dressing and spread on both halves (Barefoot doenst do this but I find that it makes it less drippy)
- slice sun dried tomato and place on bottom half
- next place the chicken
- shave a few pieces of fresh parmesan cheese and lay on top of the chicken
- top with a mound of arugula and close her up!

Enjoy with a glass of your favorite white wine!

1 comment:

Amy J said...

Great recipe! I had a similar one that I got out of the paper in the UK years ago that i had lost, and am glad I stumbled upon yours. Thanks for sharing!