Thursday, February 21, 2008

Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo

For the third night in a row, I used my new favorite discovery (House Foods Tofu Shirataki noodles) to create a "pasta" dish. Last night's was chicken fettuccine alfredo. I got the recipe from the Hungry Girl website.

Ingredients:
1 package House Foods Tofu Shirataki noodles, Fettuccine Shape
1 wedge The Laughing Cow cheese, Light Original Swiss
2 tsp. fat-free sour cream (I used reduced fat instead of ff)
2 tsp. reduced fat grated parmesan cheese (unfortunately, I didn't have reduced fat on hand)
5 oz. skinless chicken breast; grilled with nonstick spray only (I used a little olive oil)
**I added steamed broccoli
Optional: salt, pepper, and paprika


Directions:
-Drain and rinse noodles well.
-Dry noodles thoroughly (use paper towels to soak up as much moisture as possible) and use a knife to slice them up a bit.
-Next, top noodles with both cheeses and fat-free sour cream, then microwave for one minute. -Stir and microwave for one additional minute.
-Slice up chicken breast and add to pasta.
-Season to taste with salt, pepper, and paprika.

No comments: